Using build profiles
Build Profiles allow you to customise how the services inside your application are built when Snapshots are triggered. This is useful for more complex applications with many different components.
What you’ll need
Before you start, please check you have the following:
A Cloud 66 Account — If you don’t already have one sign up for a Cloud 66 account. You’ll get free unlimited access to all products for 4 weeks.
An existing application set up in Skycap — You can learn how to do that with our Getting started with Skycap guide.
An existing Formation defined in Skycap — You can learn how to do that with our Getting started with Skycap Formations guide.
At least two services defined in your application — You can add a sidecar service to your application by following this guide.
In this example we’re using the same simple "hello world" project that we used in our Getting Started guides and our other tutorials.
Create a build profile
In this example (from the Hello World + Auther application) we’re assuming that the Auther sidecar is stable and rarely needs to be rebuilt.
To create a build profile:
- Open your Cloud 66 dashboard and click on the name of the application in question.
- Click on Snapshots in the right-hand panel
- Click on then Profiles tab at the top of the Timeline panel
- Click the New Profile button
- Give your build profile a name (e.g
- Deselect the service(s) you wish to exclude from this build profile and hit Save Profile.
Now whenever you create a new Snapshot for this application, you will be able to use this build profile to build only the images you want to change. Simply click on the green Snapshot button and select the build profile in question.