title: Adding memcached done: yes
Memcached is an open source, high-performance, distributed memory object caching system, and it's easy to add to your application via the Cloud 66 Dashboard.
Cloud 66's Memcached component is designed for use with Rails and CSV1 (container stack, V1) applications. Newer containerized applications should implement Memcached as a service
To add Memcached to your application:
- Open your application from the Dashboard.
- Click on Data Sources in the left-hand nav and then Add Source in the sub-nav
- Click the green + Add Data Source button and select memcached
- A drawer will open from the left, with configuration options
- Click Add Server to start the process
You can now watch the logs, as usual to see the progress of the process.
To customize Memcached, use the below syntax in your manifest file and redeploy the application with
Apply security upgrades option.
production: memcached: shared_group: db configuration: memory: 1024 port: 11215 listen_ip: 127.0.0.1
You can find the details about Memcached under Settings in the left-hand nav. Since having Memcached as a separate server will not improve performance, Cloud 66 will install it on each web server, not as a standalone server.