Using Deployment Timeline
The Build & Deployment Timeline is a useful tool for tracking the version history of any application.
This timeline includes information about:
- Who deployed
- When they deployed
- What code revision was deployed
- How the deployment was triggered (web, API or redeployment hook.
Accessing the timeline
The timeline is available for any Maestro application that has been deployed at least once.
- Open the application overview page from your Dashboard
- Click on Build & Deploy in the Application panel on the right of the screen.
- Scroll through the history (it’s in descending date order)
The left-hand side of the timeline lists every time you took a Snapshot of your code (i.e. built it from source), the right-hand side list each time you Published your application (i.e. deployed the code to servers)
You can also use this interface to see any activity (such as builds) currently in progress for the application, as well as build and deployment Profiles for the app.
Rolling back using the timeline
You can use the timeline to revert back to a previous version of your application. To do this:
- Find the point in the timeline to which you’d like to revert.
- Click on either Rebuild or Republish depending on what you need to achieve. You will need to click again to confirm the action.
- Wait for the action to complete
Reverting to a previous Snapshot will only affect your code. You might still need to restore a database backup. If you wish, you can switch off your database migrations, roll back your database and then roll back your code.
On the timeline, a green deployment box indicates that it has been successful, whereas a red one indicates failure.