What are deployment profiles?
Deployment profiles enable you to customise the deployment process depending on the situation. For example, you may only want to deploy your front-end servers, and leave your databases undisturbed. Rather than manually setting this up each time you need it, you can save it as a profile.
Cloud 66 has divided the deployment process into two separate operations, Build and Publish. The build operation builds the code into a docker image, the publish operation pushes the image to your servers.
Option for deployments
Build / Publish Services
Under this section, you can see all your services are listed. You can choose one or both of the following operations for each service.
- Build: Builds the code into a docker image.
- Publish: Push the built image to servers.
- Parallel Deployment: Deploy all the services together.
- Serial Deployment: Deploy services sequentially.
- Apply Docker upgrades: Apply the Docker version and Weave version specified in the manifest file.
- Apply Security Upgrades: Install the latest Ubuntu security packages immediately (they are applied once a day by default).