Using the Rake task add-in
The Rake Jobs add-in allows you to define and schedule regular Rake tasks. Under the hood, these tasks are executed using
Adding a new Rake job
To add a new Rake job:
- Click the + button on the add-ins panel of your Application Overview
- Click the Install Now button on the Rake Jobs add-in block.
- Choose a server and give your new job a name
- Specify the Rake command you want to run
- Choose which (Linux) user should run the command (the options are
- Set a schedule for the job, or set it to run only on demand. (You can use cron syntax for more control over your scheduling)
- Clicks the green Create Job button
You will now see your new job listed in your Application Overview. You can edit it, or run it on demand by clicking on the small downward arrow. Results of running tasks can also be seen here.