Enabling SSL termination on load balancers
Enable automatic SSL termination
You can activate SSL termination on HAProxy 1.5.x or higher and Amazon Elastic Load Balancer through SSL certificate add-in.
check here for more information
Amazon Elastic Load Balancer
To register an SSL certificate with Amazon Elastic Load Balancer, please refer to our blog post.
Thanks to the AWS dashboard or the command line interface, you can easily upload your SSL certificates to relevant load balancers.
Through the AWS dashboard:
- Sign in to the AWS management console and open the Amazon EC2 console.
- Select your load balancer and upload a new SSL Certificate or choose an existing one.
- In case it is a new certificate, enter a name for the certificate and copy paste the contents of the private key file and the public key file into the related fields, then save.
Ensure that the certificate is valid: current date must be between the certificate’s start and end date. Certificate keys also should not be password protected
Through the AWS ELB command line interface:
- Run the command below to add a new SSL certificate:
$ iam-servercertupload -b <CA authenticated SSL> -k <private key file(.pem)> -s <certificate name> -c <certificate chain file> –v
- You should retrieve any available SSL certificate using this command:
- Run the command below to attach the SSL certificate to the load balancer:
$ elb-create-lb-listeners ELBConfigureSSL --listener "protocol=HTTPS,lb-port=443,instance-port=80,instance-protocol=HTTP, cert-id=&<certificate name>"
- To delete a certificate, run the following command:
$ iam-servercertdel -s <certificate name>
Refer to the AWS documentation for more information.
Rackspace make it very easy for you to add SSL certificates to their cloud load balancer, straight from their control panel.