What are deployment profiles?
Deployment profiles enable you to customise the deployment process for your application depending on the situation. For example, you may only want to deploy your front-end servers, and leave your databases undisturbed. Rather than manually setting this up each time you need it, you can save these settings as a profile.
Option for deployment profiles
- Parallel Deployment: Deploy to all your servers simultaneously
- Serial Deployment: Deploy to your servers sequentially.
- Rolling Deployment: Deploy to your servers in two batches
For more information on how these strategies work, please read our detailed guide to deployment strategies.
You can choose whether or not to run database migrations as part of deployments that use this profile. Read our database management guide for more info.
You can choose to upgrade the components and packages that your servers are using as part of a deployment.
This is quite likely to result in some downtime. We strongly recommend reading our guide to the subject before doing this.
- Apply Security Upgrades: Install the latest Ubuntu security packages immediately (they are applied once a day by default).
- Apply Ruby/Node upgrades: Upgrade the version(s) of Ruby and Node to the latest stable version.