Application resource monitoring
Server resource monitoring has been partially deprecated
We have deprecated the integrated server metrics feature as of April 2019. We will continue to show the current resource utilisation of servers (see above) but graphs and historical data will no longer be available.
We avoid deprecating features wherever possible, but in this case we found that:
- The monitoring wasn’t hugely detailed or useful except as a very general overview
- Our focus on core features has made this feature a low priority for us. As a small team, we need to direct our energy to features that make the most difference to our customers.
- Since we initially added the feature several years ago, cloud monitoring services have dramatically improved and there are now far better solutions available (see below for some examples)
- The monitoring tool has not been extensively used by most customers (probably as a result of all of the above)
We are keeping disk space alerts
The one exception to the above is disk space alerts, which are quite widely used. We will be keeping that feature, so it will continue to work. You can add and update your alerts using the button at the top of the page.
- Most cloud providers now offer built-in server resource monitoring via their online dashboard
- There are several excellent (paid) SaaS monitoring platforms:
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please get in touch with us via one of our support channels.